Mark has been with the Cipla Group for more than 11 years with more than 10 of those years in a FD / CFO role. Currently Mark is serving as the Regional CFO (including South Africa, East Africa Private Market and our Global Access Business). The current role entails:
- Being a business partner to the CEO, co-owning the region’s P&L & financial performance and directly contributing to Business Planning & Profitability;
- Governance, Compliance including Accounting, Cash Flow Management, Company Secretarial, Tax, Manufacturing Finance, Shared Services (Receivables/Payables) and Procurement etc. at a strategic and operational level for SA and SSA; and
- Business Intelligence (not a traditional finance role) and IT.
Within Cipla Mark has also held the positions of:
- CFO and executive director of the listed entity before Cipla Medpro was sold to Cipla Limited (India) [Mark was integral in the sale of the business and de-listing process]
- Financial Director at the manufacturing facility in South Africa
- Company Secretary when the company was listed
Mark is a chartered accountant and holds a B.Com Honours degree in accounting from the University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg. Previously Mark held managerial roles in the Corporate Finance and Auditing departments of one of the Big 4 Accounting Firms and had 2 short stints working abroad (London and Mozambique).